WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for enthusiastic, physically fit, and self-motivated Seasonal Ground Fleet Support Personnel (Driver) to join Coulson Aviation, USA. A passion for aviation and performing as a team player will help you succeed in this truly unique role.
Ground Service Support Personnel are responsible for supporting the CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations flight crews by delivering petroleum products to the aircraft, maintaining ground fleet equipment, and numerous other tasks of CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations.
The successful candidate will perform all duties with professionalism and in accordance with CAUSA policies and procedures while complying with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Operate fuel transport equipment to deliver Jet-A petroleum products to our rotary and fixed wing aircraft in the field of operations.
- Follow an assigned schedule on route when dispatched to fires. Consult with the Chief Pilot, Mechanic Crew Chief, and Ground Fleet Manager regarding suggested changes to route, schedules, and policies and promptly report any delays or irregularities to the schedule.
- Ensure the cleanliness and mechanics of all ground service equipment.
- Perform all pre and post trip inspections, and accurately report findings.
- Maintain all trip documentation, including driver records and fuel delivery to aircraft
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and safety checks on all ground fleet equipment.
- Record work performed on appropriate repair work order and maintenance records.
- Assist in maintaining and repairing a variety of company owned vehicles, including fuel truck, vans, passenger cars, and maintenance trucks and trailers.
- Assist the Pilots and Mechanics with other duties as assigned.
- An ability to remain flexible and adapt to change on short notice.
- Physically fit and Self Motivated.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Current valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Current Medical Card.
- Certified in HAZMAT Transportation with a Tanker Endorsement.
- Industry acceptable driving record.
- At least two years’ experience driving a fuel truck, or formal training, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Excellent decision making and time management skills.
- Able to understand and follow complex directions and instructions.
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly, courteous, and professional attitude
This is NOT a typical driving position and involves many other aspects and responsibilities.