Coulson Aviation USA is looking for solid team members to join our team in the exciting world of Aviation Wildfire Suppression.
- interested in spending 90%+ of your time out from the behind the wheel while being able to display your professional driving skills when required?
- motivated by a great schedule with work life balance?
- tired of dispatcher challenges?
- looking to enjoy paid travel to and from home every rotation?
- wanting to have time to explore your own pursuits in the off-season?
- excited for medical, dental, and vision benefits and a 401K matching program?
- over 21 years of age with at least 2 years OTR experience and hold valid hazmat/tanker endorsements?
We are looking for fulltime seasonal Ground Fleet Services personnel (Driver's) to join Coulson Aviation, USA. An absolute passion for aviation and sense of giving back to your community in an Emergency Fire Support role will help you succeed in this truly unique role.
Our Ground Fleet Services Personnel do it all (except fly) while supporting the CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations flight crews. They deliver petroleum products to the aircraft, relocate support vehicles/equipment and resources as needed, maintain fleet equipment and perform numerous other tasks in support of our exciting CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations.
Ground Fleet Services (GFS) Personnel perform all duties with professionalism and in accordance with CAUSA, USFS/CalFire/DOT policies and procedures while complying with all other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Operate fuel transport equipment to deliver Jet-A petroleum products to our rotary and fixed wing aircraft in the field of operations.
- Follow an assigned schedule on route when dispatched to fires. Consult with the Chief Pilot, Mechanic Crew Chief, and Ground Fleet Manager regarding suggested changes to route, schedules, and policies and promptly report any delays or irregularities to the schedule.
- Ensure the cleanliness and mechanics of all ground service equipment.
- Perform all pre and post trip inspections, and accurately report findings.
- Maintain all trip documentation, including driver records and fuel delivery to aircraft
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and safety checks on all ground fleet equipment.
- Record work performed on appropriate repair work order and maintenance records.
- Assist in maintaining and repairing a variety of company owned vehicles, including fuel truck, vans, passenger cars, and maintenance trucks and trailers.
- Assist the Pilots and Mechanics with other duties as assigned.
In addition to a positive attitude combine with the ability to remain flexible and adapt to change on short notice, the following are required:
- Physically fit and Self Motivated.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Current valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Current Medical Card.
- Certified in HAZMAT Transportation with a Tanker Endorsement.
- Industry acceptable driving record.
- At least two years’ OTR CDL "A" driving experience.
- Excellent decision making and time management skills.
- Able to understand and follow complex directions and instructions.
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly, courteous, and professional attitude
This is NOT a typical driving position and involves many other aspects and responsibilities.