We are looking for Ground Fleet Support/Drivers to assist our aerial firefighting crews on the ground for Coulson Aviation, USA. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and self-motivated with a desire to get out from behind the wheel and perform physical tasks that make a difference. A passion for teamwork and an affinity for expanding your skillset will help you succeed in this unique and exciting job.
Ground Service Support Personnel are responsible for supporting the CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations flight crews by delivering petroleum products to the aircraft, maintaining ground fleet equipment, and numerous other tasks of CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations. Coulson Aviation flies Ground Support Personnel from their homes to San Bernardino, California for all the required training and deployment to the field locations. No relocation is necessary
The successful candidate will perform all duties in accordance with CAUSA policies and procedures while complying with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Operate fuel transport equipment to deliver Jet-A petroleum products to aircrafts.
- Follow an assigned schedule on route when dispatched to fires.
- Consult with pilots, mechanics and fleet managers regarding suggested changes to route, schedules, and policies and promptly report any delays or irregularities to the schedule.
- Maintain a clean workspace in order to keep the work area safe
- Perform all pre and post trip inspections, and accurately report findings.
- Maintain all trip documentation, including driver records and fuel delivery to aircraft
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and safety checks on all ground fleet equipment.
- Record work performed on appropriate repair work order and maintenance records.
- Assist in maintaining a variety of company owned vehicles and equipment.
- Assist the pilots and mechanics with other duties as assigned.
- Current valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Current Medical Card
- Certified in HAZMAT Transportation with a Tanker Endorsement
- Industry acceptable driving record
- At least two years’ experience driving a fuel truck, or formal training, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Excellent decision making and time management skills
- Able to understand and follow directions and instructions
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly, courteous, and professional attitude
- Flexible schedule during the work term
- Able to perform physical tasks, take initiative and adapt to changes when needed
- Mechanical aptitude is a bonus
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, life insurance and a 401K matching program
- Competitive salary
- Expand your skillset. 90% of the time you will be out of the vehicle performing other duties
- Great work/life balance. Rotating schedule with company provided flights allows for time at home throughout the season.
- Seasonal work allows for time to pursue other opportunities in the offseason.
- Contributing to a team dedicated to performing a heroic service.
- Coulson Aviation USA is committed to supporting diversity, equity and a harassment free work environment
We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
This is NOT a typical driving position and involves many other aspects/responsibilities.