WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Senior Accountant who combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to join our team. The successful candidate is motivated by ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all their work and collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure group success.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Oversight of all joint venture company accounting including the full cycle of payables, receivables, transactions, and financial statement preparation.
- Prepare and review/finalize monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements. Monitoring, analyzing trends, and forecasting financial performance of the company and provide insights to the senior management.
- Assist in the short/long term cash management of the business including analyzing operational and project cash flow forecasts to ensure the business has an accurate understanding of expected cash flows and cash balances.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Formulating, preparing, and reviewing company budgets and ensuring expenses are in line with the projected revenue.
- Analyzing financial information and summarizing findings
- Review and recommend modifications to procedures to improve accuracy and efficiencies, including assisting with successful implementation
- Prepare financial statements, budgets, and forecasts according to timelines for review by management.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting principles.
- Assist with the external audit processes.
- Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- MBA and/or professional accounting designation
- 5+ years in a similar role
- In-depth understanding of relevant accounting principles and preparation of financial statements
- CPA certification
- Minimum 3 years experience with start to finish preparation of financial statements
- Experience with external financial statement audits
- Experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and interpretation of results
- Aviation experience considered an asset
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, very meticulous
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent technical accounting skills and knowledge of best practice accounting procedures
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously if required.
- Advanced Word, Outlook, and Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Positive demeanor.