WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Project Manager (Aerospace) will lead a team of design engineers (including contractors and consultants) in the prototype and production development, including airworthiness certification, of innovative aircraft systems and equipment
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the Project Team’s objectives, deliverables, and associated project timelines, Planning, Scheduling and Tracking project tasks and milestones to meet agreed project goals and objectives, lead project meeting.
- Lead a team of design engineers to formulate conceptual designs of aerospace products and throughout the development process while ensuring compliance with regulatory approval authorities.
- Manage the team of design engineers to ensure they are performing required tasks to acceptable standards and keeping up with schedule demands, communicate project status and updates with internal and external partners.
- Develop and review design documents demonstrating airworthiness compliance to the appropriate regulations, liaise with OEMs, FAA, and other regulatory approval authorities for design approval
- Prepares / reviews engineering reports and data packages for design approval and certification.
- Identify potential risks and issues and develop risk mitigation plans
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Completed an Engineering Degree (Aerospace / Mechanical) from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years Project Management work experience in an aerospace environment (PMP certification an asset).
- Previous FAA or Transport Canada or other regulatory approval authority delegation would be considered an asset.
- CATIA V5 and / or Autocad experience would be considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft structures (primary and secondary), avionics, materials and manufacturing processes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience coordinating supplier and contractor activities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Working knowledge of PC's including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project).