Coulson Aviation Australia is seeking a Safety Manager to join our aerial firefighting operations in NSW. This individual will maintain safe workplace policies and guidelines, ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards.
Essential duties include:
- SMS in compliance with Federal rules and regulations; utilizes risk assessments and data analysis to identify the effectiveness of the program.
- Serves as a resource and maintains working relationships with all operational departments.
- Develops recommendations based upon data collected and findings; including experience, trends, and statistics of similar facilities; audits the plan to ensure its effectiveness; and reviews and updates the SMS.
- Tracks the implementation of safety recommendations following safety inspections, accidents or other means of hazard or risk identification; ensures corrective actions are enacted and deficiencies are minimized and corrected.
- Conducts investigations into safety related aspects of department operations to determine contributing factors and root causes as well as implementing measures that would prevent similar events from occurring.
- Facilitates and conducts Safety Risk Assessments (SRA) for the different job functions, special events, and operational policy and procedure changes.
- Prepares monthly activity reports for the Director Safety & Regulatory Compliance; documents the outcome of accident investigations and safety inspections; recaps the safety training provided; and provides recommendations to improve facility safety.
- Develops and provides safety and Safety Management System training to employees and others; and conducts training needs analysis.
- Provide safety training for employees on policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Analyze incident reports, metrics, and injury case studies to institute changes ensuring a safer environment.
- Certified Aviation Safety Manager gained through professional courses or a degree with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Experience and knowledge in an Australian regulatory environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of CASA, ICAO, IS-BAO standards for SMS.
- Knowledge of NOSHA/ Safe Work Australia regulatory requirements.
- Part 145 experience.
- Education or training around Aerial Firefighting operations (Preferred).
- Demonstrated aviation auditing and/or quality control experience.
- Experience and/or training in matters relating to Workplace Health and Safety, and Environmental Regulations.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills and consistency.
- Computer literate, with proficient skills in MS-Office suite of programs.
- Ability to work on projects and solutions with minimal to no supervision.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel required.