WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Coulson Aviation is expanding and looking to add new team members to its paint and finishing department. This is a great opportunity to establish a career with ongoing training and exposure to many different and unique projects ranging from large fixed wing aircraft, helicopters, to newly manufactured parts and automotive projects.
This position reports to a Red Seal Paint Supervisor with an Automotive Refinishing Prep Technician ticket and Automotive Paint ticket so there is a lot of opportunity to learn from a qualified and experience professional.
This full-time position is based at Coulson Aircrane Ltd.’s airport facility in Port Alberni, BC.
- Perform paint prep and masking duties as needed
- Strip, clean, fill, sand, mask and prep areas for paint
- Ensure all areas of the Painting Department are clean and tidy
- Report to the Paint Supervisor to assess current needs of the day and determine which project(s) and location(s) will require attention
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to priming; prepping all surfaces that may be found in Aviation, from aluminum to composites; detail touch up; paint stock inventory
- A good work ethic, willingness to learn new skills, and ability to focus on task completion
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Able to follow instructions
- Experience in the paint or body shop industry an asset but not required
- Experience in the aviation industry an asset but not required
- Automotive Refinishing Prep Technician Ticket and/or Automotive Paint Ticket would be considered an asset but not required.