WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
This position supports our rapidly expanding operations both domestically and globally. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the corporate HR policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s HR talent strategy.
This position is based in Port Alberni, BC Canada. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop company strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; Be a business partner by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to the organization’s strategic thinking and direction.
· Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
· Manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counsel, guiding manager’s disciplining of staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation, designing systems; implementing HR tech, resolving problems; implementing change.
· Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysis of results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
· Accomplishes special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting
fulfilment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing direction as required to accomplish objectives.
· Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analysis of information and applications.
· A minimum of five years of diverse human resource management experience required, including talent management, learning & development, succession planning, HR technology, benefits design, and compensation.
· Experience developing and implementing a formal set of HR policies
· Thorough knowledge of multiple employment related laws and regulations
· Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Experience with Change Management in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment
· Experience in implementing a new HRIS system
· Experience designing and rolling out formal performance management program, including related compensation component
· Experience in a global organization