What’s the job?
We are seeking an intermediate Help Desk analyst to provide remote and desk side support for our Information Technology stack. Your job will be vital in ensuring our global staff are able to maintain operations across aviation, manufacturing, entertainment and hospitality. We’re excited to open this opportunity for in our growing organization that’s shaping the future of various industries.
Here's what be included in a typical day:
- Assist operations with daily IT support requests from locations throughout Port Alberni and across the globe.
- Resolve Information technology and security issues via remote or desk side assistance while meeting SLA’s
- Monitor activities and adjust to changing priorities as needed
- Create reports, track inventory, maintain documentation and create instructional material and in a complex global IT environment.
- Assist with research on IT projects such as new software rollouts, infrastructure changes, procurement activities and roadmap design.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Computer Information Systems preferred
- Microsoft Certifications considered an asset
- Minimum 4 years of related experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to follow instructions, work autonomously and have strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to learn new skills and technology quickly during change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborate with team members to triage IT issues and plan support path
- The ability to maintain composure and sense of humor in the face ambiguity and changing priorities.
PROFICIENT WITH THE FOLLOW TECHNOLOGIES
- Windows Environment support such as windows 7 for desk tops and servers as (7 and above) as well as Office 365 including exchange in the cloud.
- IOS and Android Mobile Devices.
- PC Hardware and Software Installations
- Active Directory maintenance and UAC sustainment, Driver Updates, Malware Removal, Anti-Virus Software, Firewall configuration and network monitoring tools
- Very comfortable at supporting multiple in resident and cloud platforms
- Remote connectivity tools such as TeamViewer, RDP, Cisco Meraki, Apple DEP
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift items up to 50 lbs.
- This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday although some afterhours /weekend support may be required.
- Travel through-out Port Alberni including the Sproat Lake and the Port Alberni airport may be required.
- Liaising with cloud based SaaS providers to obtain support for staff
- Must be able to maintain a professional and unbiased attitude toward global issues, political environments, and times of ambiguity.
- Prior experience supporting Cloud based software.
- Experience supporting engineering and CAD solutions.
- Experience supporting websites using platforms such as go daddy, MailChimp and Shopify.