What we are looking for:
This position supports our rapidly expanding operations both domestically and globally. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Advisor to provide advice and support on human resource policies, processes, practices, and deliver on a wide range of HR services for the companies in which we operate, Canada, Australia and the United States.
This position is based in Port Alberni, BC Canada. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality and timely advisory services and solutions to employees of the organization located in Canada, Australia and the United States.
- Advise and coach leaders on organizational policy, practices, and human resource inquiries.
- Lead the employee relations process and support managers with personnel discussions including conflict resolution and discipline.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the companies business lines and stay current on external HR related trends, legislation, and best practices.
- Analyze relevant HR metrics and their relationship to business performance with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Support the compensation system for current and new positions maintaining alignment with compensation policies, government regulations and competitive market benchmarks.
- Support the full cycle recruitment process for positions globally.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an HR role in a diverse environment.
- 4+ years of experience in employee relations exercising strong investigative and written communication skills.
- 4+ years of experience in compensation and/or benefits.
- Experience working with HRIS, UKG ideal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with international employees, Australia and the United States ideal
- Able to navigate employment regulations in Canada, Australia and the United States.
- Experience in the aviation industry is an asset.
- A positive and supportive team player.