WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Chief Pilot and Head of Training and Checking to join our team in Australia. The Chief Pilot will supervise the conduct of flight operations in the Boeing 737 Fireliner and Citation 560. The Chief Pilot and Head of Training and Checking is also responsible for the overall operation of Rural Fire Service aircraft and is the final authority for all safety of flight aspects of the operation. It is highly desirable the successful candidate will live in the Sydney region and within 45 minutes of the operating base and place-of-work – RAAF Base Richmond, NSW. Should the successful candidate not live in the local region it will be expected they relocate within the probationary period of 6 months.
The Chief Pilot and Head of Training and Checking duties and responsibilities include:
- Aerial fire fighting Fire suppression, reconnaissance, and disaster relief activities
- Transportation of crew and equipment.
- Training and checking - Provide oversight of all training and checking for flight crew in the Australian organisation. Responsible for overall pilot and crew operational standards.
- Holding the authority of the Accountable Office Holder under the Civil Aviation Regulations and Civil Aviation Safety Regulations for the Coulson Aviation Australia operations under the company AOCs Provide ongoing oversight, supervision, and direction in relation to assuring regulatory compliance for the operation.
- Previous senior fight operations management experience.
- A Valid CASA ATPL with B737-300 to 800 type rating.
- Class 1 medical.
- A minimum of 700 hours as PIC on the B737-300 to 800.
- Previous Check Pilot experience.
- Low level experience or previous firebombing experience preferred.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police History Check.