WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for enthusiastic, physically fit, and self-motivated Seasonal Ground Fleet Support Personnel (Driver) to join Coulson Aviation, USA. A passion for aviation and performing as a team player will help you succeed in this truly unique role.
Ground Service Support Personnel are responsible for supporting the CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations flight crews by delivering petroleum products to the aircraft, maintaining ground fleet equipment, and numerous other tasks of CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations.
The successful candidate will perform all duties with professionalism and in accordance with CAUSA policies and procedures while complying with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Working in a team environment to accomplish all tasks.
- Assist in the delivery of petroleum products to support CAUSA aerial firefighting operations.
- Abide by all local, state, and federal traffic laws, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain, as nearly as possible, an assigned schedule on a specific route when dispatched.
- Consult with the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and CAUSA Fleet Manager regarding suggested changes to route, schedules, and policies. Participate in conversations regarding potential movement of the aircraft locations and remain fully prepared to dispatch.
- Promptly report any delays due to break downs, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to either pick up or delivery to the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manager.
- Provide highest level of safety and support during delivery operations.
- Read gauges or meters and record quantity loaded, amount delivered and issued to CAUSA assets.
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips, and submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip or tour of duty to the CAUSA Fleet Manager via the use of Electronic Log Reporting.
- Report all mechanical disorders to the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manger.
- Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment to the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manager as well as completing an SMS Report.
- Clean and maintain Ground Fleet Assets to the required standards.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s record of duty status, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with CAUSA policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the safe operation of a vehicle.
- Perform required pre/post trip reports.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and CAUSA safety programs.
- Skill in diagnosing, maintaining, and performing minor maintenance on CAUSA Fuel Trucks and other Ground Fleet Vehicles.
- Able to assist in setting up a variety of technical equipment.
- Skill in the safe and proper use of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance and safety checks on Ground Fleet equipment.
- Record all maintenance work.
- Maintain records of all fuel deliveries, distribution, maintenance, and logs.
- Consult with Ground Fleet Manager PRIOR to procuring parts, supplies, or repairs for Ground Fleet Vehicles.
- Read, review, and remain current on all service manuals and other reference materials.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Always remain courteous with employees of OCFA, CAUSA, USFS, CalFire, invited guests, as well as the public.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and professionalism expected of all CAUSA employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manager. Examples below are listed but not limited to:
- Parts runs
- Crew Movement
- Provisioning of crew trailer supplies
- Maintaining hydration products for all crew.
General laborer tasks.
- Review the CAUSA Employee Handbook and remain up to date in safety training through the CAUSA Safety Management System.
- Continually clean ground fleet equipment to maintain the professional appearance expected at Coulson.
- Ensure and maintain safe working environment according to Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor work and use all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working.
- Must be physically capable and willing to work safely at heights
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to lift, drag up to 100 feet, and hold at shoulder height up to 100 lbs of charged hose lines repetitively and safely.
- Must be willing to work in hot/dry/wet weather for extended periods, work around loud machinery/aircraft in a combination of light and darkness.
- Must be able to legally enter and work in Canada and/or USA within the scope of the position.
- Current valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Applicable Endorsements (HazMat/Tanker, Air Brakes, Std Transmission, *FAST Card).
- Certified in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods or HazMat.
- Experience delivering bulk fuel or other bulk liquids with formal training, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- A good sense of direction.
- The ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- A friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Excellent defensive driving skills and safe driving techniques.
- Good communication and people skills in written and oral.
- Acceptable Driver’s Abstract to the position.
- Able to understand and follow complex directions and instructions.