ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Global Leaders in Aerial Firefighting
Coulson Aircrane Ltd. is a privately owned family company based in Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada. The company has over 110,000 safe flight hours and has been in the aviation business for over 29 years; operating a diverse fleet of both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.
The company's operations include helicopter logging, forest fire suppression, power-line construction, airliner passenger transport and many other industrial heavy lift operations. The fleet is geared for mobility and self-sufficiency and is supported by mobile fuel tankers and aircraft maintenance service vehicles staffed with qualified engineers. These helicopter aviation services are provided to clients on a "turn key" basis.
Coulson Aviation (USA) Inc. was founded in 1990 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Coulson Aircrane Ltd. From 1990 to 1993 Coulson Aviation (USA) provided the personnel for extensive heli-logging operations in Alaska. In the succeeding years, Coulson Aviation (USA) purchased its first C-130 Hercules that currently holds contracts within the United States and Australia. A second C-130 Hercules was acquired for the program in 2015 to accommodate the growing need for large air tankers.
Coulson Aircrane Ltd. (Port Alberni, BC) operate a Business and Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001:2015 + AS9100D for the Manufacture of parts and assemblies, including post-delivery support.
Coulson Aviation (Australia) PTY Ltd was created in 2010 to support Coulson Aircrane's long term operations and commitment to its Australian Customers. It was setup as a wholly owned subsidiary of Coulson Aircrane Ltd. to provide aircraft personnel for Coulson’s rotary and fixed wing aircraft operating under contract in Australia for Firefighting and OffShore Oil applications.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Coulson Aviation USA has an opening for a 737 Mechanic. We operate a fleet of aircraft that includes: 737, C130, S61, S76, UH60, and CH47 aircraft, primarily in a firefighting capacity (USFS, Cal Fire, Australia). We offer industry competitive pay and benefits with 401K, overtime, travel, lodging, per diem, and health insurance. This rotational position does not require you to relocate. You can live anywhere in Canada as we will cover the cost for you to travel to and from your home.
We are searching for a hardworking candidate with a very strong attention to detail.
Field experience as a flight mechanic will also be an asset as we continue to grow.
- Must travel with aircraft when needed
- All aspects of hangar and line maintenance
- Project Management and Planning
- Able to make proper log entries as required by the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Work closely with the Director of Maintenance/Chief Inspector
- Liaise with Management and Crew to complete deadlines
- Maintain the 737-300 to the applicable regulatory standards
- Work individually or in a multi crew environment
- Valid FAA A&P certification
- CA AME (preferred)
- B737-300 General Familiarization course (preferred)
- 3+ years of B737 line maintenance experience (preferred)
- Heavy maintenance experience including engine removal and installations
- Valid Drivers’ License and Passport
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Read and comprehend technical publications
- Must have own basic hand tools
Additional experience, education and/or skills
- Security background check may be required.
- Aviation knowledge is required.