WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Coulson is an international aviation company that continues to grow each year. We are looking for an energetic team member who is passionate and thrives in a dynamic and changing environment. With operations in multiple countries speaking a second language and the ability to travel internationally for short durations is desirable. This position will work closely with Senior Leadership to plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the Corporate HR policies, activities, and staff of the global companies Human Resource (HR) department.
This position is based in Port Alberni, BC Canada. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a key senior team player by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to the Organization’s strategic thinking and direction.
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, guiding manager’s disciplining of staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation, designing systems; implementing HR tech.
- Develops, in consultation with the COO, human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysis of results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; changing direction as required to accomplish objectives.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analysis of information and applications.
- At least five years of diverse human resource management experience required, including talent management, learning & development, succession planning, HR technology, benefits design, and compensation.
- Experience developing and implementing a formal set of HR policies
- Thorough knowledge of multiple employment related laws and regulations
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience with Change Management in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment
- Experience in implementing various HRIS modules
- Experience designing and rolling out formal goals & objectives program, including related compensation component
- Experience in a multinational setting
Competitive compensation package offered.