The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the compiling of payroll and benefit information; managing the payroll preparation; processing payroll information; completing and submitting payroll reports and maintaining payroll records. The Payroll Supervisor is also responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of the payroll staff and providing opportunities for employee growth and development.
Offered salary for this role will be between $72K - $78K plus benefits.
Payroll - Ensure payroll accounts are balanced and accurate by resolving payroll discrepancies. Prepare and maintain records for all salary placement and increments. Reconcile payroll remittances and deductions to general ledger accounts. Reconcile all government payroll remittances, ensure accurate application. Review and reconcile payroll accounts in preparation for audits and be main liaison during payroll tax audits. Ensure proper internal controls are in place.
Benefits – Determine benefit plan eligibility for employees and oversee benefit information and processing. Review all Company benefit statements for accuracy and submit for approval to pay.
Financial Reporting - Oversee the preparation and accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll entries and reports. Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals, correspondence, or other information required by management or governmental agencies. Prepare ad-hoc and analytical reports and summaries as required.
Compliance and Risk Management - Maintain payroll operations by ensuring processes and procedures are being followed. Suggest and implement improvements. Ensure the accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, and company deductions. Ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines in the respective country.
Leadership and Performance Management – Oversee and co-ordinate the activities of the payroll staff providing guidance and mentorship. Take an active role in hiring, training, developing and supervising payroll staff. Conduct regular and on-going evaluations of staff performance.
Human Resources – partner with HR on various projects, including compensation management. Prepare budgets for personnel operations. Collaborate with HR and division managers to develop classification systems and define job levels and families as required.
Special Projects: Accomplishes special project by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction as required to fulfill objectives.
- Bachelors Degree with a focus in Finance, Business or Accounting (Degree in those fields would be preferred)
- PCP Level 2
- 6+ years of progressive payroll and benefits experience
- Knowledge of tax and deduction laws that apply to payroll for Canada and the US
- Experience supervising a team focused on continuous improvement.
- Experience working with Canada Labour Code and BC Employment Standards Act
- Experience in a dynamic multi-organization environment
- 3+ year experience working with payroll regulations in Canada, Australia, and the US
- MS Office with proficiency in Excel
- Experience with various payroll software, UKG an asset
- Experience with HRIS implementation an asset
- Ability to research regulations and maintain compliance with relevant regulations