WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking an experienced Law professional for general legal, corporate, regulatory, and business advice in respect of business operations, aviation law, aerial fire suppression, protection of intellectual property, and employment issues arising in high-risk work environments. The In-House Legal Counsel will review, draft, and negotiate service, supply, insurance, and other contracts, as well as liaise with regulatory authorities and external counsel in multiple jurisdictions.
- Act as a main legal point of contact.
- Provide legal support to internal clients and stakeholders.
- Evaluate and present the risk profile of business opportunities.
- Assist in ensuring compliance of projects, policies, and procedures in accordance with federal and provincial laws and regulations.
- Advise management in respect of contractual and regulatory rights and obligations, insurance coverage, and claim liability in multiple jurisdictions.
- Prepare, draft, negotiate and review all contracts, service and/or IP agreements, patent applications, and leases in this jurisdiction and, with the assistance of local experts, do likewise in respect of Coulson’s foreign operations.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for employees and the Coulson Group of Companies in this jurisdiction, and with the assistance of local experts, in all foreign jurisdictions in which Coulson does business.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law, including attending to all corporate filings.
- Liaise with and supervise domestic and foreign external litigation and/or regulatory counsel.
- Analyze the probable outcomes of litigation matters, both foreign and domestic, and make recommendations to management as to ongoing course of conduct.
- 5 plus years of experience practicing corporate law
- Minimum of three years of BA/BS studies
- LLB or JD; member in good standing of Law Society of British Columbia
- General Corporate Commercial Solicitor’s Experience
- Solid understanding of risk management
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to present legal issues and options to management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred: in-house experience
- $120K - $160K
- Benefits & Pension Plan