WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Coulson Group is an international company that primarily specializes in aerial fire suppression. Our company continues to grow each year. Due to our growth, we are looking for to expand our resolute and hardworking team to include a Human Resources Business Partner. The successful candidate will have the experience necessary to assist the HR Director in the planning, leadership, direction, and development of corporate HR policies, activities, and staff of the HR department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s HR strategy.
This position is located in Port Alberni, BC, Canada
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a key contributor to the growth and development of the Human Resources department by implementing human resources strategies, establishing department accountabilities; including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Partner with and advise all levels of Stakeholders and Management and their departments to develop and improve team effectiveness, and synergy with each other department within the company.
- Assist in the development of company strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues. Implementing human resources strategies as directed.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal, employment related regulatory requirements to reduce risk and ensure compliance including through educating and guiding line managers.
- Accomplishes special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfilment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing direction as required to accomplish objectives.
- High School Diploma is required
- A minimum of 5 years of diverse human resource experience is required, showing progression in role over time.
- Experience developing and implementing a formal set of HR policies
- Thorough knowledge of multiple employment related laws and regulations
- Experience should include: talent management, learning & development, succession planning, HR technology, benefits design, compensation, and special projects work
- Post secondary degree is preferred, but not a requirement
- CPHR designation is preferred, but not a requirement
- Experience with Change Management in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment
- Experience in a global organization
- Microsoft Office/MS products
- Ability to navigate various human resources software
- Experience researching and presenting findings related to HR project work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skill
- Professional and positive attitude
- Adaptable and dependable