WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Payroll & Finance Support Clerk is responsible for assisting Payroll for the US and Canada in the biweekly processing of payroll and benefit information for Canadian and American employees. The position has two main purposes, the first is to be crossed trained in Payroll to provide vacation relief or relief for the Payroll Clerks to work on special projects and the second is to support company wide expense processing and reporting. This position requires strict confidentially.
- Payroll – Backup for US & Canadian payroll processing, Backup for Journal Entry preparation and account reconciliations, create step by step how to manuals for identified processes, assist with invoicing partner entities, Learn US payroll tax and worker's compensation processes to assist with year-end audits and other support activities as identified.
- Time and Attendance - Support and learn to process accurate time entry and approval processing of time sheets in time keeping software
- Benefits – Support when needed, the processing and enrollment of benefit information.
- Payroll Reporting – Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll statements and reports. Assist with the processing of T4’s and other related year end reporting. Prepare analysis and summaries as required for review.
- Finance - Provide support to the accounting department in processing expense transactions such as credit card statements, preparing bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, etc. as assigned.
- Related trade, technical or college degree/certification
- 2+ years of progressive payroll and benefits experience
- Knowledge of tax and deduction laws that apply, preferred
- Experience with Workers Compensation claims
- Experience with year-end processing
- Experience in an accounting department
- Experience in a dynamic multi-organization environment
- Experience in processing accounting transactions including reconciliation of accounts
- 3+ years experience working with Canadian and/or US payroll regulations.
- Experience with Eclipse, UKG, Ulti-Pro and/or Workforce Management is preferred
- Microsoft Office applications with proficiency in Excel
- Experience with various payroll software, Eclipse UKG, Ulti-Pro, and/or
Workforce Ready an asset
- Experience with Payroll implementation is preferred
- Ability to research regulations and maintain compliance with relevant regulatory agencies
- Excellent attention to detail, meticulous record keeping
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills for developing and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage workloads
- Proven ability to aggregate and analyze information and data for effective problem solving, and to utilize sound judgement
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Enjoys a fast-paced deadline driven environment
$21 - $27/hour plus company paid benefits and access to pension plan after 6 months of employment.