WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking an experienced professional within the human services sector to join us at the Rim Rock Casino in Port Alberni, BC. The Gaming Manager’s primary function is to optimize net income by focusing on superior customer service while providing guests with top tier entertainment while handling management and oversight of the gaming areas. This position will supervise 10-20 staff members and promote positive working relationships in an exciting environment.
- Demonstrate an ongoing ability to work by the gaming worker standards, covering skill requirements, professionalism, guest services, policies and procedures, and operating procedures.
- Sets and works to reach financial goals for the gaming department on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Manages, directs, and delegates tasks to staff.
- Works in tandem with the General Manager and HR to develop succession & recruitment plans.
- Makes sure that all BCLC standards and policies are followed, and that any deviances are reported and followed up on.
- Handles and resolves any problems with guests and staff in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 30 lbs.
- 3-years of supervisor experience managing at least 10 people.
- 1-year of experience working with and managing P&L
- 5-years of customer service experience.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Proven ability to lead and mentor staff
- Banking or gaming experience is highly desired
- A degree in finance, business or hospitality is highly desired
- Strong customer service skills for developing and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Team Player, safety conscious, punctual, organized and task oriented
- Ability to work with no supervision
- Reliable and energetic
$60K - $70K plus company paid benefits & vacation.