WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Materials Handler to transporting raw materials (aluminum and steel, plate, sheet and extrusion) to different departments at our hanger, under the direction of the Inventory/Receiving Supervisor and other relevant associates. The Materials Handler will also be responsible for tracking and monitoring inventory of raw materials as well as commercial parts and ensuring that any unused deliverables go back to their original destination and that the inventory is adjusted to minimize material loss.
- Transportation and delivery of raw materials, which will include measuring, cutting and the use of power tools.
- Track, monitor, and edit inventory in a computer-based system.
- Coordinate with managers, supervisors and leads on daily and weekly needs.
- Work in a safe manner and report any hazards or concerns when noticed.
- Commute to different locations within the Port Alberni, BC, area.
- 1 year of experience using power tools and comfortable doing so
- Must hold a valid BC driver’s license and have own transportation
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must have moderate to strong computer skills and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Aviation experience would be considered an asset
- Forklift operator certificate or forklift experience
- Ability to safely operate motorized equipment
- Ability to safely operate hand and power tools
- $22 - $24/hour
- Company paid benefits
- Pension plan