Design Technician Specialist
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Coulson, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Aircraft fire fighting and developing new industrial technologies are much more than pieces of metal and components; we at Coulson are determined to make a difference saving lives and homes. In addition, we strive to improve the environment we share globally.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, Coulson has pursued other endeavors, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, an industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, Coulson was recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: Design Technician/Specialist (NOC 22212)
This position is responsible for the design of innovative aerospstructural/mechanicalical installations, modifications and repairs. The Design Technician/Specialist also provides support for existing designs/product suites and possesses an abundance of experience using CATIA V5.
This is a full-time permanent position based at our operations located at 4890 Cherry Creek Road, Port Alberni, B.C. V9Y 8E9. The language of work is English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs cutting edge aerospace structural/mechanical installations, modifications, and repairs using CATIA V5.
- Provides ongoing support of existing designs / products as well as new designs / products.
- Prepares drawing packages for design approval and certification per appropriate aerospace regulations and / or military standards.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Design Technician/Specialist: Minimum seven (7) years of work experience in aerospace or automotive design & manufacturing including a minimum of seven (7) years of CATIA V5 experience.
- Design Technologist: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology with registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.), combined with minimum five (5) years CATIA V5 experience in aerospace or automotive design & manufacturing.
- Previous Transport Canada or other regulatory approval authority delegation would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of aerospace (or automotive) materials and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of PCs in the current company operating system environment (Microsoft Office, Windows 10 / XP, etc.).
Terms of Employment:
Annual salary of $64,480 per year, based on a 40 hour work week and depending upon experience and credentials. Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package including medical and dental benefits, disability insurance, vision care, life insurance, pension, employee assistance programs, vacation and paid time off and the possibility for bonuses.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “2023-01 – Design Technician/Specialist” in the subject line.
Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Port Alberni is a jewel nestled in the Alberni Valley, offering many outdoor activities during your down time, including water sports, camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and others. With lakes, the Inlet, and mountains all around, you will never run out of things to do here. There is a movie theatre that is currently undergoing renovations, and many shops owned and operated by local residents. You will also find some of the most delicious seafood right here in town at one of our many local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a quick weekend getaway, Tofino and Ucluelet are a mere two-hour drive West of town. Or, if you’re not looking for waves, Nanaimo is only an hour East, while Victoria is less than three hours South. Both offer big city shopping opportunities in addition to a wide variety of arts, entertainment, dining, and cultural activities. The Comox Valley is also less than two hours Northeast of the Valley, offering mountain biking, skiing, caving, and other outdoor activities. And let’s not forget those adorable goats on the roof at Coombs!
Centrally located, Port Alberni offers you the benefits of a small town – affordable real estate, anyone? – with the ability to play outside and experience big city life nearby.
- Port Alberni, BC, Canada
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
Design Technician Specialist
Loading application form