ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in the USA, Canada, Australia, and South America.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of The Coulson Group of companies. We are a financially stable and growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an Avionics Technician.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Due to our rapid business growth, we are looking for experienced Avionics Technicians to join our team. This position reports to the Avionics Manager.
We are searching for candidates that are self starters and who can work with minimal supervision. In this position you will be removing and installing equipment and electrical components as well as fabricating wire harnesses, testing avionics and electrical systems, and troubleshooting installations. Some of the avionics and electrical systems worked on will include those found on Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Bombardier, and Sikorsky aircraft.
This candidate will also be responsible for ensuring OEM, customer, and regulatory quality standards are met for all aspects. Reviewing, interpreting, and following technical documentation is required. The ability to produce quality work within predetermined time constraints is part of this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance & installation of avionics and electrical systems in accordance with applicable installation drawings and/or manufacturer’s maintenance and installation manuals.
- The successful candidate should have a proven track record of being able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, maintenance manuals, etc.
- Installing, testing, and verifying operations of avionics systems and equipment with the purpose of successfully diagnosing failures on various airframes and types using hand tools, test equipment and technical documents.
- Ensures that all installations are done according to SOP’s as described in the FAA Repair Station Manual and strict adherence to FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Possesses and uses good judgement in conjunction with technical skills to make decisions regarding the order of work performed, techniques, and troubleshooting.
- Resolves discrepancies in an efficient manner and works to maximize quality and meet deadlines.
- Plans and executes avionics installations projects with accuracy and expertise.
- Communication with peers and manufacturers in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Line maintenance troubleshooting and ensuring operational performance standards are met.
- Ensuring all applicable AD’s, SB’s, modifications, SL’s, etc. are complied with.
- Record work on company build sheets or applicable forms.
- Develop work methods, procedures, and standards, if necessary.
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance of machines and tools.
- Tagging of removed parts as serviceable or unserviceable.
- Keep the work area clean and tidy.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) experience with maintenance and installation of aircraft avionics and related electrical systems.
- Previous avionics and electrical systems experience on Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Bombardier, Sikorsky aircraft products is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of all technical documents such as technical bulletins, alert service bulletins, etc.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision, staying motivated and on task while performing complex avionics installations.
- Understanding of FAA Regulations.
- Hands-on electrical experience.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Adheres to company policies and SOP’s.
- Possess the willingness to work with a team and mentor others, leading by example with good judgment, dependability, integrity, and work ethic.
- Able to dexterously use hand tools and efficiently move around the hangar/base areas and within aircraft repetitively throughout the day, using ladders (climbing) and crouching.
- Ability to pass a criminal history check and drug test as required by regulation.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience installing avionics, preferably as a leader, with extensive knowledge of Garmin products.
- Strong familiarity with leading avionics brands.
- College degree OR two (2) years of schooling in aviation electronics.
- National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT) Aircraft Electronics Technician Certificate (AET).
- A&P would be considered an asset.
- Avionics Technician
- Thermal, CA
Loading application form