ABOUT COULSON AVIATION AUSTRALIA
Coulson Aviation Australia is a subsidiary of global aerial firefighting company Coulson Aviation and supports Australian States and Emergency Service Organisations with the provision of heavy aircraft and experienced team members.
Coulson Aviation operates across the world with a fleet of large aerial firefighting assets consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet of Boeing 737 FIRELINERS™, C-130 Hercules fire bombers, CH47D Chinooks, UH60 Blackhawks and Sikorsky helicopters we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation Australia also operate and manage New South Wales Rural Fire Service-owned aircraft Boeing 737, Cessna C560, Bell 412 and CH47 in all aspects of maintenance, fleet support systems and management, and operating personnel.
For more information about Coulson Aviation Australia visit www.coulsonaviation.com.au
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are currently seeking experienced, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Boeing CH47 (Boeing 234) Chinook Engineers both in B1 and B2 categories for Richmond, New South Wales, Australia. These persons will be responsible for identifying and performing maintenance on aircraft and should possess demonstrated experience on Boeing Chinook aircraft. The engineer is responsible for inspecting and documenting completed maintenance on the Boeing CH47 aircraft.
• Carries out maintenance on aircraft for which suitably licensed including the certification/coordination for maintenance carried out and/or coordinated by themselves, AME’s, and apprentices.
• Provides on the job training and direct supervision of unlicensed AME’s and apprentices under their control.
• Provides ongoing mentoring and coaching to staff to meet department goals.
• Manages the ordering of spares, components, and materials as required, for a specific maintenance task.
• Ensures that all tools and equipment meet calibration requirements and are in good working order prior to use, including operational equipment.
• Troubleshoots aircraft systems to identify problems and adjust / repair systems according to current data and instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA).
• Ensues that work sheets, logs, tracking updates and other required records are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
• Current CASA B1.3 or B2 AME License.
• 2 years of maintenance experience on CH47 or B234 Helicopters.
• Ability to travel to the USA for A&P license training.
• Technical writing skills.
• Previous experience using Computerized Aircraft Maintenance Program (CAMP).
• A&P License
• Other aircraft maintenance experience, preferably on Bell 412, C-560 and or/B-737
• Aircraft maintenance experience in aerial firefighting environment
• Aircraft maintenance experience in remote/field locations