ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in Canada, the USA, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of the Coulson Group of companies. We are a growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an Aircraft Cabinet Maker.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Aircraft Cabinet Maker to join our growing team. This individual will be working on aircraft and automotive projects.
The Aircraft Cabinet Maker will be responsible for the fabrication, repair, refurbishment and finishing of aircraft cabinets and other interior components/furniture.
This is a full-time position that will be located in Port Alberni, British Columbia.
- Fabricates, repairs, and refurbishes cabinets and related components/furniture for aircraft installation.
- Make, restore, and create custom aircraft cabinetry products.
- Manufacturing and repairing wood items, cutting, mounting, and gluing parts made of wood, composite material, and other mediums.
- Interprets blueprints and drawings and can read and follow other written instructions.
- Prepares, measures and cuts materials to scale.
- Ensures that finished products are safe and of the highest quality.
- 5 years of cabinet making experience within the aviation industry.
- Able to understand and interpret renderings, drawings, and blueprints.
- Proficient with the use of hand tools, resin guns, planers, drills, slot routers, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.