ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in Canada, the USA, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of the Coulson Group of companies. We are a growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team by hiring people with a transferable skill set to work in our Technical Records department as Technical Records Clerks.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The kind of professionals that would make a good fit for this position include:
- Legal Assistants
- Medical Office Assistants & Administrators
- Bank Teller
- Data Entry Specialists
- and other similar professions
If you have the experience in any of the above-mentioned professions, we strongly encourage you to apply!
This position will be located in Port Alberni, British Columbia.
Thorough training will be provided to successful applicants to learn, understand, and perform the following duties:
- Review journey logbook pages for all aircraft and ensure all logbook parameters are filled out by the flight crew.
- Monitoring of daily flying status, and daily updating of the same in the software.
- Regular analysis and monitoring of parameters, flying data, and life components.
- Updating of aircraft records.
- Make corrections (non-technical) to addition errors on logbook page copies.
- Update components ON/OFF sheet as per maintenance entries received from field.
- Audit all aircraft records for accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Advise and ensure engineering personnel for proper documentation as per company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Follow up with maintenance crew on all corrections and/or missing documentation.
- Prorate Maintenance / Engine programs when required.
- Update and maintain computer-based maintenance tracking system records for all company-controlled aircraft and components as required.
- Ensure the aircraft maintenance forecast always remains up to date.
- Operate information retrieval systems to research and extract records according to established guidelines in response to requests.
- Label, prepare and transfer information files according to established records management life-cycle procedures and schedules.
- Maintain archiving system by ensuring all documents are accurate and complete.
- Monitor any updates from regulatory authorities and original equipment manufacturers for instructions affecting the airworthiness of the aircraft.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Records Manager.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience using MS Office, with emphasis on Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Able to learn and adapt quickly.
- Valid passport, or willing to obtain a valid passport.
This position will pay between $23 - $27/hour and will include employer paid benefits and a pension plan.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.