About Coulson Aviation Australia
Coulson Aviation Australia is a subsidiary of global aerial firefighting company Coulson Aviation and supports Australian States and Emergency Service Organisations with the provision of heavy aircraft and experienced team members.
Coulson Aviation operates across the world with a fleet of large aerial firefighting assets consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet of Boeing 737 FIRELINERS™, C-130 Hercules fire bombers, CH47D Chinooks, UH60 Blackhawks and Sikorsky helicopters we have the ability to run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation Australia also operate and manage New South Wales Rural Fire Service-owned aircraft in all aspects of maintenance, fleet support systems and management, and operating personnel.
For more information about Coulson Aviation Australia visit www.coulsonaviation.com.au
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are keen to talk to qualified and experienced Safety Managers with a strong operational risk, human factors, and operational safety investigation background.
This role will be charged with reviewing our current safety and risk processes supporting flight operations within our challenging operational environment, and to develop best-practice strategies to support the upcoming growth of aerial firefighting, particularly large air tanker and large rotary firebombers within Australia and internationally.
- Lead, manage and set the standards to enable full implementation and continuous improvement of the Coulson Aviation Australia safety management system
- Manage corrective, remedial, and preventative actions in relation to the outputs of the safety management system
- Provide timely and effective advice and reporting to the CEO and operational management leadership team in relation to operational safety and risk management
- Review, define, implement, and monitor the operational risk management program in relation to the aerial firefighting operational environment in relation to the operation of the Coulson fleet in Australia – inclusive of B737 FIRELINER Large Air Tanker, Citation 560 Lead Aircraft, and B412 rotary-wing assets engaged in emergency response operations on behalf of the NSW Regional Fire Service.
- At least 3 years’ experience in flight safety management in either a Part 119 or 138 fixed or rotary wing organization
- Ability to hold be authorized according to the requirements of CASR Part 119 and 138
- Lead Auditor qualification from a recognized Institution
- Successful completion of a course in safety investigation from a recognized institution
- A strong operational background with preferably both fixed wing and rotary wing experience
- Experience in dealing with aviation regulatory authorities (i.e., CASA and/or FAA)
- Management experience including demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Formal Human Factors Qualification desirable
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment desirable
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills and consistency.
- Computer literate, with proficient skills in MS-Office suite of programs.
- Ability to work on projects and solutions with minimal to no supervision.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.