ABOUT COULSON GROUP OF COMPANIES
The Coulson Group of Companies has been in business for 63 years. The company was founded in 1960 in Port Alberni, BC, and has evolved from what was once a small logging company into a large conglomerate of companies working in a variety of industries, including aviation, manufacturing, dining, and gaming.
This position will support all of Coulson Group of Companies, which includes Coulson Aircrane, Coulson Aviation USA, Coulson Aviation Australia, and Rim Rock Casino.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work on a variety of financial activities including budgeting, forecasting, building financial models, assisting with financial planning, performing research and analysis, preparing reports, and assisting with close processes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst with strong finance and accounting skills coupled with sound business judgment and effective communication to all levels of the organization. Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential to this role.
This position is based in Port Alberni, BC Canada. Candidates applying from outside of Port Alberni will be provided relocation assistance.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Financial modeling, data mining, and presentation support using tools such as Excel
- Assist in the short/long term cash management of the business including analyzing operational and project cash flow forecasts to ensure the business has an accurate understanding of expected cash flows and cash balances
- Participate in the annual preparation of the budget and periodic refresh forecasts
- Help develop budget process and prepare budgets for review by management
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting process, including the preparation of annual corporate Financial Statements in accordance with ASPE
- Provide insightful financial reporting and appropriate commentary to senior leadership on monthly and quarterly basis
- Participate in projects that drive efficiency or quality, including leading and executing entire smaller projects or components of large projects from start to finish
- Develop operational and financial metrics, and analyze metrics in order to help the company achieve goals
- Develop strong understanding of Balance Sheet elements and ensure that provisions are made in compliance with current Company’s policy
- Recommend how to improve productivity of current processes using automation
- Collaborate across various Finance and non-Finance functions effectively
- Assist with the external audit process
- Provides back up for other members of the Finance team
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- MBA and/or professional accounting designation
- 5+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results, at least 2 of these years should be as Senior Analyst or similar, with experience in external audits, preparation and review of month-end close reports and account reconciliations
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage new financial models
- Experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and interpretation of results
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Aviation experience is a strong asset