ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in the USA, Canada, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of The Coulson Group of companies. We are a financially stable and growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an Avionics Designer.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Avionics Designer is responsible for providing modifications to existing drawings and creating new designs on a variety of avionics and electrical systems, including those found on: Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Bombardier, and Sikorsky aircraft.
This position is on site in Port Alberni, BC, Canada.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently living in and who have the right to work in Canada.
- With the use of CATIA V5, SolidWorks or Autocad, create, review and approve wiring diagrams and other related materials in accordance with Coulson Design Manual; AMSE Y14.5
- Ensure scope, specifications, drawings, and designs are in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Complete tasks on various STC designs, including project description, certification planning, design and prototype testing.
- Translate engineering sketches and markups into properly documented drawings.
- Support the Engineering / Design / Project Team’s objectives, deliverables and associated project timelines.
- Assist Avionics mechanics and technicians who work in maintenance hangars interpret and troubleshoot the installation of completed projects as necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Computer aided drafting and design certificate/engineering design and technology diploma/degree.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work safely with basic hand tools.
- Thorough understanding of all technical documents such as technical bulletins, alert service bulletins, etc.
- Understanding of Canadian aviation regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of design function and departmental processes.
- Competitive compensation based on your experience and skills.
- Company paid extended health benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.