ABOUT COULSON GROUP OF COMPANIES
The Coulson Group of Companies has been in business for 63 years. The company was founded in 1960 in Port Alberni, BC, and has evolved from what was once a small logging company into a large conglomerate of companies working in a variety of industries, including aviation, manufacturing, dining, and gaming.
This position will support all of Coulson Group of Companies, which includes Coulson Aircrane, Coulson Aviation USA, Coulson Aviation Australia, and Rim Rock Casino.
The Human Resources Assistant will provide general assistance to the HR department by helping to manage daily administrative and HR duties.
This position is based in Port Alberni, BC Canada. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact newly hired employees to request the necessary documentation be completed, records and tickets provided, etc.
- Track receipt and completion of employee onboarding records, file and distribute as needed.
- Follow up on outstanding items and ensure all of the employees onboarding records are complete.
- Provide the new employee documents such as the employee handbook, benefits summaries, specific policies.
- Prepare and arrange for new employee orientation, notifying other departments of the event.
- Make appointments for pre-employment tests if required and communicate the date and time to the new employee and their department manager/supervisor.
- Collect new employee “swag” for distribution on orientation day.
- Maintain employee records, including but not limited to; employee updates, and ensuring files are complete and valid.
- Update internal tracking tools used to organize workload, onboarding & offboarding progress, performance reviews, employee metrics, and other assigned tasks.
- Track information in preparation for annual employment equity report.
- Take meeting minutes and maintain an updated list of actionable items.
- Participates on new hire orientation, safety tours, and other tasks related to onboarding.
- Other general clerical tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year related work experience in a fast paced, professional organization.
- Strong MS Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Mature and able to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Motived to complete tasks and work independently
In addition to the hourly wage, Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits and our pension plan.