ABOUT COULSON GROUP OF COMPANIES
The Coulson Group of Companies has been in business for 63 years. The company was founded in 1960 in Port Alberni, BC, and has evolved from what was once a small logging company into a large conglomerate of companies working in a variety of industries, including aviation, manufacturing, dining, and gaming.
This position will support all of Coulson Group of Companies, which includes Coulson Aircrane, Coulson Aviation USA, Coulson Aviation Australia, and Rim Rock Casino.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for Junior Financial Accountant to assist in the cash management of the business and support the Finance department with a variety of tasks, across multiple areas of the finance department, which may include accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
This position is based in Port Alberni, BC Canada. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Assists the department with bank requisitions, processing cash receipts, credit card reconciliations, journal entries, vendor statements, and divisional paperwork.
- Reporting on daily bank transactions for multiple bank accounts, currencies, and companies.
- Posting journal entries of transactions and preparing month end reconciliations.
- Assists the AR department by processing invoices with accounts in multiple currencies (invoicing, posting receipts, timecard tracking).
- Review and process employee expense claims.
- Review monthly government tax remittances.
- Assist accountants in the processing of income statements, balance sheets, and other financial statements.
- Assist with the external audit processes.
- Provides backup support to for payroll.
- Other related tasks, as assigned.
- BA in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- At least one year of of accounting work experience.
- Previous experience working in industry.
- Professional knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards applicable to private sector organizations
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, very meticulous.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent technical accounting skills and knowledge of best practice accounting procedures.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-starter, able to work autonomously if required.
• Solid proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Strong math skills and an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, team player, adaptable and willing to learn, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- $24/hour to start, which is negotiable, depending on experience.
- Employer paid extended health benefits, and access to a 5% matching pension plan.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.