ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in the USA, Canada, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of The Coulson Group of companies. We are a financially stable and growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an Aircraft Component Planner.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Aircraft Component Planner will report to the Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible for delivering a high level of customer service in the management of unserviceable cores. This person will work with each business unit to asses and analyze each core ensuring the maintenance events are supported through consistent management of rotables.
This position is on site in Port Alberni, BC, Canada.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently living in and who have the right to work in Canada.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager and the SC Supervisor team to ensure the Coulson Fleet and project requirements are supported through consistent management of rotables and vendors.
- Ensuring that the rotables requested by project and fleet planning are available and in place prior to the maintenance activities.
- Managing the movement of stock and core materials between facilities and line bases, ensuring that all transactions are completed in the company ERP system.
- Ensuring that all department stakeholders are provided with material support updates for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities across the business units.
- Ensuring that all timelines are met for the sourcing of repairs and creation of repair orders for all project and fleet related activities.
- Attending all Fleet maintenance planning and rotable update meetings for progress and information sharing.
- Management of all unserviceable assemblies, components, and repairable parts to ensure inventory has been actioned and is available when and where it is required.
- Management of all rotable inventory out at suppliers and communicating the timelines for return with the respective department stakeholders.
- Working with Technical Records to ensure all parts are repaired and over/or overhauled to the latest revision of the respective manual including all service bulletins and air worthiness directives.
- Working with the internal shops to ensure timely delivery of all repaired parts to support the line and heavy maintenance projects.
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager and the SC Supervisor team to establish settings for rotables within applicable warehouses.
- Ensuring all planning through the internal shops is carried out in a timely manner to avoid stock outages and communicate status updates as required.
- Adhering to company financial approval limits and cooperatively resolving any issues arising when approval limits are exceeded.
- Reviewing all requests in concert with the department stakeholders using advanced searching techniques and problem-solving skills through the use of manuals, drawings, aircraft applicability and communication with the stakeholders.
- Providing recommendations of approved alternate part numbers or finding higher assemblies to satisfy maintenance requirements through communication with the department stakeholders.
- Conduct market research ensuring that market intelligence is utilized fully to offer supply chain strategies and best practices.
- Effectively managing all warranty considerations with vendors to ensure that Coulson avoids unnecessary costs due to poor quality and reliability.
- Working with repair station facilities to ensure that Coulson’s best practices are taken into consideration when making repair vs overhaul decisions.
- Attending reliability meetings to assist in managing the major assemblies and component reliability utilizing reporting tools specifically for performance tracking.
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager and the SC Supervisor team to develop reporting solutions using analytics applications to support supply chain operations, including, but not limited to, rotable consumption, movement activities and trending requirements.
- Having a working knowledge of all Coulson approved vendors and an understanding of their core product lines for the processing of repair orders.
- Analyzing vendors to assist the Purchasing Supervisor and Supply Chain Manager in developing business cases to support strategic alliances with approved vendors to leverage spend and properly negotiate on behalf of Coulson.
- Work with the Quality department ensuring that any new vendors are processed and approved according to the “Supplier Approval” process outlined in SC-002-01.
- Work with the Purchasing Supervisor to manage vendor performance through established KPI’s and reporting tools.
- Optimizing choices for repair facilities in terms of price and timing of delivery.
- Review and follow up on all overdue repair orders and expedite as required.
- Acting as a liaison between repair facilities and department stakeholders to cultivate industry contacts and sharable knowledge within the business.
- Completing the appropriate documentation and updating all systems for visibility.
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with all cross functional departments.
- Compliance to all “rotable repairs” related procedures within the company ERP.
- Expediting and updating all repair orders with requested delivery date, vendor confirmed delivery date and air waybill information.
- Managing parts status reports to ensure all parts are delivered within the required delivery dates for project and line maintenance activities.
- Familiarity with the Maintenance Control Policy Manual (MCPM) and the Supply Chain Procedure Manual (SCPM) and adhering to those polies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
- BA degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or other related field of study.
- 3 years of experience as a supply chain management professional with a proven ability to perform all job functions.
- Working knowledge of aviation parts, materials, and comprehension of the different product types (assemblies, rotables, expendables, consumables, etc.)
- Working knowledge of aircraft products supported by Coulson Aviation
- Working knowledge of aircraft industry standards and processes, use of integrated business ERP and management systems.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office and PowerBI considered an asset.
- Competitive compensation based on your experience and skills.
- Company paid extended health benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.