ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in the USA, Canada, Australia, and South America.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of The Coulson Group of companies. We are a financially stable and growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an HR Advisor.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an HR Advisor to provide full-service HR support to frontline employees and managers within their scope of responsibility. This role will provide advice and support to stakeholders on HR policies, processes, practices, and delivers on a wide range of HR services and advisory support to the organization, across all disciplines; and provides support with departmental initiatives.
This position will be on site in Thermal, CA. This is not a remote opportunity.
Service Delivery: Provides quality and timely advisory services and solutions and serves as the primary contact for their stakeholders. Coaches and advises leaders on organizational policy, practices, and HR inquiries. Collaborates with functional experts within the HR team to provide advice and guidance to stakeholders. Collaborates with the HR team to ensure alignment and consistency of service delivery across the department. Updates various documents and creates new content and documentation to present and rollout to your stakeholders as needed.
Employee Relations: Advise managers on organizational policy and performance matters. Lead the investigative process into employee relations matters and present findings. Support the managers with personnel discussions including refereeing disputes, facilitating disciplines, and supporting the HR Manager or Director when terminating employees.
Client Relationships: Maintains a strong understanding of the Coulson Groups’ business lines and stays current on external HR related trends, legislation, and best practices. Conducts site visits and attends business unit meetings as appropriate to develop relationships, provide information, and maintain understanding of business, culture, and climate. Maintains compliance with all audit and risk management requirements. Supports and assists in the implementation of organizational change.
HR Reports: Prepares ad-hoc employee data and reports to support workforce analysis and planning. Analyzes relevant HR metrics and their relationship to business performance. Follows up on trends and initiates changes in order to optimize business performance.
Full-Cycle Recruitment: Drive full-cycle recruitment for your area of responsibility in order to source quality candidates for key roles within the organization, leveraging technology, including social/online media. Support managers with the hiring and on-boarding processes which includes sourcing, screening resumes, interviews and assessments, referencing, offers, system updates, and on-boarding.
Continuous Improvement: Seeks opportunities to optimize technology, improve workflow and processes, create more employee self-service opportunities and make recommendations for improvement through technology and business process optimization.
HR Projects: Leads, supports, and delivers projects and initiatives, as assigned. Collaborates with other HR functional areas as required.
- 5 years of progressive experience in an HR role in a diverse environment.
- 4 years of experience in compensation and/or benefits.
- 4 years of experience in employee relations exercising strong investigative skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of labour laws within the United States.
- Experience working with international employees.
- Understanding of Australian labour laws an asset.
- Experience in the Aviation industry considered an asset.
- Experience with HRIS systems, specifically Bamboo HR an Asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Developed skills in customer service, facilitation, and relationship management.
- Demonstrated experience in problem and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to diplomatically resolve complex employee issues, using sound judgement, decision-making and critical thinking.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A natural peacemaker with an ability to diffuse an uncomfortable situation.
- Your experience will determine your final rate of pay, but this position will pay no less than $29/hour.
- Company paid benefits (no monthly premium to you).
- Matching 5% 401K plan.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.