ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in the USA, Canada, Australia, and South America.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of The Coulson Group of companies. We are a financially stable and growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire a Machine Technologist.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Machine Technologist to join our growing team. This individual will be working on aircraft and automotive projects and will be responsible for ensuring that industrial machinery is functioning correctly, as well as working on upholstery projects.
This position is located on site in Port Alberni, BC.
- Reviews and understands electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic plans for relevant machinery.
- Ensures that machinery is in good working order and functioning correctly.
- Performs regular maintenance and diagnostics on machinery.
- Programming and operation of CNC machines.
- Assists with the interpretation and understanding of design programming software.
- Instructs new and existing employees on the correct use of machinery.
- Fabrication, repairing, modifying, and refurbishing aircraft and automotive interior.
- Make, restore, and create custom upholstered products.
- Re-upholstery of sidewalls, panels, liners, etc.
- Completing foam buildup on seats.
- Interprets blueprints and drawings and can read and follow other written instructions.
- Prepares, measures and cuts materials to scale.
- Ensures that finished products are safe and of the highest quality.
- BA in Mechanical or Computer Engineering.
- Understanding and use of CATIA, Solidworks, and AutoCAD.
- Understanding of programming including pneumatic/electro-pneumatic, hydraulic/electro-hydraulic, and electrical.
- Ability to create, understand, and interpret renderings, drawings, and blueprints.
- Proficient with the use of hand tools, power tools, glue, cutting instruments, hammers, tack pullers, sewing machines, surging machines, needle and thread, and additional tools.
- Strong communication skills.
- 5 years of experience working in the aircraft or automotive sector is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Competitive compensation will be offered based on experience.
- Company paid benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.