ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in Canada, the USA, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of the Coulson Group
of companies. We are a financially stable and growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an experienced Automotive Fabricator.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Coulson Aviation is expanding and looking to add an experienced Automotive Fabricator to our growing team. This is a great opportunity for a somebody with the right background to work with a dynamic group of individuals in an industry like no other. This person will gain exposure to many different and unique projects and will require somebody who has the talent to work on ambitious builds.
This position will be in Port Alberni, BC. We are seeking a local or relocatable candidate.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently living in and who have the right to work in Canada.
- Fabricate models and fixtures from metal, wood, and plastic for custom vehicle construction.
- Performs repair work on a variety of automobile projects at different stages.
- Modification and installation of chassis, bodies, and components.
- Sheet metal fabrication for chop tops, panel fabrication, panel replacement, shaving door handles/hoods/decklids, building firewalls/wheel tubs, fitting custom lights, etc.
- Testing of components and systems.
- Using servicing equipment and diagnostic tools.
- Performs inspections on vehicles and other company assets.
- 5-10 years of experience as an Automotive Fabricator.
- 5 years of experience working with high end hot rods, classis cars, or specialty vehicles.
- Knowledgeable with the use of the following: lathe, mill, shrinker, stretcher, power hammer, brake, planishing hammer, pullmax, etc.
- Knowledgeable on auditing processes for checking parts for defectiveness, performance, and functionality.
- The ability to work within deadlines and under pressure.
- Works at a quality level that exceeds industry standards, with a focus on detail.
- TIG welding.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Journeyman or Red Seal certification.
- Experience in the aviation industry is considered a huge asset, but not required.
- Competitive compensation will be offered based on experience.
- Company paid benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
- Relocation assistance will be provided.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.