ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in Canada, the USA, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large
aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and
rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire
suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of the Coulson Group
of companies. We are a financially stable and growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
We are looking to hire a Safety Officer.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Coulson Aviation is expanding and looking to add a Safety Officer
to our growing team. This person will assess health and safety standards by monitoring operations to eliminate hazardous activities and will assist in developing policies to promote occupational health and safety awareness.
This position will be in Port Alberni, BC. We are seeking a local or relocatable candidate.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently living in and who have the right to work in Canada.
- Develops and maintains aviation safety management systems that comply with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Conducts risk assessments and developing risk mitigation strategies for aviation and MRO operations.
- Develops and delivers safety training programs to assigned personnel.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near-misses to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor and analyze safety data to identify trends and develop metrics to measure safety performance.
- Establish, implement and educate assigned personnel on policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, to ensure compliance with safety regulations and best practices.
- Participate in emergency response planning and decision-making.
- BA in Aviation Safety, Aviation Management or a related field is highly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an aviation safety role.
- Thorough understanding of aviation safety management system (SMS).
- In-depth knowledge of safety regulations and industry best practices.
- OFA Level 3 is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong project management skills.
- $65K - $95K maximum.
- Company paid benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
- Relocation assistance will be provided.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the job application process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.