ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in Canada, the USA, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of The Coulson Group of companies. We are a growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an experienced Honeywell T55 Turbine Engine Technician.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are hiring an experienced Turbine Engine Technician with specific experience working with the legendary Honeywell T55 engine.
This position will be at our Port Alberni, BC, Canada location.
We will provide the successful candidate with relocation and immigration assistance through the CUSMA Free Trade Agreement. This pathway supports an individual and their family coming to Canada on a work permit, which can be converted to permanent residency (green card) after three years.
- Work in the engine shop performing all aspects of maintenance, repair, and overhaul on fleet wide turbine engines and aircraft as required, with a focus on Honeywell T55 engines.
- Travels to support field locations on company owned aircraft, as required.
- Support of operational aircraft as required, this includes travel and working in field operations when required. This may also include short notice travel in support of AOG situations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to teach and mentor other team members on Honeywell T55 engine product knowledge.
- Report to Engine Shop Manager and assess the daily needs of operations.
- Work daily to ensure company/shop procedures and practices are carried out accordingly and efficiently.
- Ensure work scope needs and approvals are met and in order before work is carried out.
- Must maintain effective communications and successful working relationships with team members involved in daily operations.
- Shall be proficient with utilizing company work packs, documents, computer inventory program, part identification (appropriate tagging), replacement parts are certified appropriately and work package/task completion.
- Additional responsibilities, tasks, and jobs as requested/required.
- 5+ years of experience working with Honeywell T55 engines is required, to include extensive exposure performing routine maintenance, overhaul, and repairs.
- Valid drivers license and passport with the ability to travel internationally.
- Work in a shop environment as part of a team and works well independently.
- Good record keeping/organizational skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and communication skills.
- Background in aviation maintenance.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Good “hands on” tool skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow technical maintenance publications and follow procedures set for in the manuals and company documents and manuals.
- Competitive compensation based on your experience and skills.
- Company paid extended health benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
- Opportunity to travel internationally.
We want to thank everybody in advance for their interest in this role. Please understand that we will only be reaching out to candidates that possess the required experience working with Honeywell T55 engines.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.