ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in Canada, the USA, Australia, and Chile.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of the Coulson Group
of companies. We are a growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire an experienced Component Shop Technician.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are hiring a Component Shop Technician
who is detail oriented and self-motivated, with an ability to focus on quality and safety. Successful candidates will be mechanically inclined and have experience working in positions that are similar in nature to a Component Shop Technician or possess a set of transferable skills that would lend well to this type of an opportunity.
This position will be in Port Alberni, BC. We are seeking a local or relocatable candidate.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently living in and who have the right to work in Canada.
- Overhaul, repair, and modification of aircraft mechanical components.
- Cleaning of aircraft parts via both media and chemical means.
- Shop organization.
- Maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Ensure stock of required consumables.
- Packaging of parts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Good record keeping/organizational skills.
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally.
- Work in a shop environment as part of a team and works well independently when required.
- Strong interest in mechanics and aviation.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to understand and interpret diagrams, manuals, technical drawings, etc.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Basic computer skills.
- $25 - $40/hour.
- Company paid benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
- Relocation assistance will be provided.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.