ABOUT COULSON AVIATION
Coulson Aviation is a global aerial firefighting company that operates in Canada, the USA, Australia, and South America.
Coulson Aviation operates with a fleet of large aerial firefighting aircraft consisting of both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft. With our fleet, we can run rapid aerial fire suppression, including initial attack and extended attack protocols.
Coulson Aviation is a part of the Coulson Group of companies. We are a growing organization that has been in business for 63 years.
Due to our company growth and expanding footprint, we are looking to add to our team and hire several General Labourers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Due to growth within our organization, we are looking to hire a Material Handler to transport raw materials (aluminum and steel, plate, sheet and extrusion) to different departments at our hanger, under the direction of the Inventory/Receiving Supervisor and other relevant associates. The Materials Handler will also be responsible for tracking and monitoring inventory of raw materials as well as commercial parts and ensuring that any unused deliverables go back to their original destination and that the inventory is adjusted to minimize material loss.
This is a full time position that will pay $22/hour to start, plus employer paid benefits.
- Transportation and delivery of raw materials, which will include measuring, cutting and the use of power tools.
- Track, monitor, and edit inventory in a computer-based system.
- Coordinate with managers, supervisors and leads on daily and weekly needs.
- Work in a safe manner and report any hazards or concerns when noticed.
- Commute to different locations within the Port Alberni, BC, area.
- 1 year of experience using power tools and comfortable doing so
- Must hold a valid BC driver’s license and have own transportation
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must have moderate to strong computer skills and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Aviation experience would be considered an asset
- Forklift operator certificate or forklift experience
- Ability to safely operate motorized equipment
- Ability to safely operate hand and power tools
- Company paid benefits and a 5% matching pension plan.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from
harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing
accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation
through any element of the job application process, please notify us
and we will work with you to meet your needs.